10 Ways to Celebrate Valentines Day in the Metro-Atlanta Area
February has arrived in the nick of time! Whether you're looking for a family-friendly activity or some one-on-one time with your spouse this Valentine's Day, look no further than this list. Here are 10 Valentine's Day activities throughout the metro Atlanta area!
1. Did someone say romantic dinner for two? Snag a table at one of these stunning restaurants.
- The Garden Room, Buckhead
- Atrium, Ponce City Market
- Lucian Books & Wine, Buckhead
- Montaluce Winery & Restaurant Dahlonega (but we had to mention)
2. Looking for something a little more unique?
The Georgia Aquarium has just the trick with Sips Under the Sea, a unique themed cocktail party exclusively for adults 21 and older. This after-hours event features popular cocktails, dining options, a live DJ, and access to the Aquarium’s main galleries. Tickets and more information here
3. Shake Things up for a Good Cause
Eventide Brewing is showing love this year to those suffering from Neurofibromatosis (NF), a rare type of childhood tumor. The Saturday before Valentine's Day (February 11), guests can drop their bottoms for a good cause at this annual Cupid’s Undie Run. Put on your cutest briefs or underwear and get ready to make the ultimate run for one of the best causes.
4. Valentines in the Garden Love is in the air, and romance is blooming! The elegant evening will feature the Atlanta Botanical Garden’s exquisite springtime blooms where you and your Valentine can enjoy delectable bites, cocktails, and dancing! Enjoy live music as you stroll through the Gardens and tropical conservatories, sampling both savory and sweet treats from Atlanta’s top chefs alongside handcrafted Valentine's Day cocktails. This year’s romantic celebration also features cash bars throughout the Gardens and vow renewals! Taking place February 11th, 7 - 11 pm.
5. Fernbank After Dark: It’s Electric! Atlanta’s favorite adult science night has a special twist this February! Experience science with hands-on activities, full bars, live music, access to museum exhibits open for self-guided tours, and more. This Valentine’s Day, get amped up for an electric night filled with activities that’ll leave you feeling delighted! Friday, February 10th, at the Fernbank Museum of Natural History.
6. Taste of Love Gala Join together at one of the nation’s leading epilepsy fundraisers for an evening of gourmet dining, premium wine pairings, live entertainment, a top-notch silent and live auction, and the chance to dance the night away. Saturday, February 11th at the Grand Hyatt Atlanta. The black-tie gala will also offer Special Romance Room Rates to the Taste of Love guests – What a great way to kick off the weekend before Valentine’s Day!
7. Searching for Love Scavenger Hunt Get the whole family in on the Valentine’s Day celebrations this year! February 4th – 18th, the Oakland Cemetery is hosting a love-themed, family-friendly scavenger hunt, welcoming all ages to follow all-new cryptic clues to solve riddles! No reservations are required to participate, just purchase your printable Searching for Love packet online and use the self-guided tour map (a $5 value) that can also be used on return visits. Let the love games begin!
8. Couples Cooking Classes Give the gift of love in the kitchen, and get hands-on this year with a couples cooking class!
The Cooking School at Irwin Street has several classes all month long. From vegan cooking to macarons (and everything in between).
The Cooks Warehouse locations around Atlanta offer romance-themed dinner classes throughout February.
Mercato di Bellina at Ponce City Market even features Pasta 101 classes for you and your Valentine to get cooking.
9. Brookhaven Park and Recreation’s annual Sweetheart Valentine’s Dance Brookhaven Park and Recreation’s annual Sweetheart Valentine’s Dance (formerly known as the Daddy-Daughter Dance) is returning for the first time since the pandemic. The dance takes place Sunday, Feb. 12, from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Lynwood Park Community Center, 3360 Osborne Road. The price is $30 for the first parent/child, then $10 for each additional child. The event will include music, dancing, pictures to take home, and dinner.
10. Valentine’s Day at Children’s Museum of Atlanta Bring the whole family to join in on the fun with a heartwarming story about all the ways a family can love in Love, Z by Jessie Sima, Tuesday, February 14th.