What's not to love about the holiday season? Family, friends, fireplaces, big sweaters... not to mention homemade cookies and holiday cocktails. What more could you ask for?!
To help you get on your family's good side this season, we've outlined our favorite holiday cocktail recipes! So bundle up, grab a spot by the fire, and let's get the party going!
1 bottle of your favorite red wine (we love a good bourbon barrel aged cab)
2 large oranges
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cardamom spices
1 tablespoon whole cloves
1 tablespoon star anise
3 cinnamon sticks
1 shot cognac (optional)
1) Add wine, brown sugar, and fresh squeezed oranges to a medium sized sauce pan.
2) Stir periodically on low heat for about 20 minutes. Do not boil.
3) Add cardamom, cloves, star anise, and cinnamon.
4) Continue to stir for about 5 minutes or until hot.
5) Strain mixture into holiday themed mug.
6) If desired, top with cognac for a little extra warmth!
1 liter regular eggnog
5 shots bourbon
1 tsp cinnamon
Star anise topper
1) Mix eggnog and bourbon together in large pitcher.
2) Heat if desired. Do not boil.
3) Distribute mixture into mugs.
4) Top with cinnamon and star anise as desired.
5 shots vanilla flavored vodka
2 shots white creme de menthe
.5 shots peppermint schnapps
2 small candy canes
1) Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
2) Add vodka, creme de menthe, and schnapps.
3) Cover shaker and shake.
4) Strain into martini glass.
5) Top with candy cane.